A wedding with grace--Your graced wedding officiant




What do you want to know?

What are your fees?

Check out the Services & Fees page for custom packages. There's something there for everyone in every price range--from just the legal bits to the couture love story.

Do you travel outside of Gainesville, FL to officiate weddings?

Yes, based on availability. Travel to a destination wedding in Florida or a neighboring state for a wedding or elopement can be arranged. See the Services & Fees page for applicable travel fees. Keep in mind that a Florida Marriage license can only be used in Florida. If the destination is outside of Florida, there may be additional requirements.

Can you marry us in a destination wedding?

Sure! Be aware that Florida licenses can only be used in Florida. If you're traveling internationally, it may be simplest to fill out the marriage license in Florida and perform the legal bits before traveling to the destination ceremony to avoid complication. However, if you wish to marry in another country or state, then you will need to comply with that state or country's requirements. Some countries have waiting periods, medical exams, and blood testing requirements.  Some states require wedding minister registration with the jurisdiction.

Why is it Important to get a Marriage License?

Without a marriage license, then a legally binding wedding cannot take place. It is your responsibility to get a valid marriage license in the state where the marriage will take place and to have the marriage license at the wedding when the services are rendered. Failure to have a valid marriage license at the time of the event means that I cannot perform a legal ceremony (FS § 741.08). Without a marriage license, I will perform a symbolic ceremony, which will have no legal merit. 

How do we get a Marriage License?

Contact your local Clerk of Court to obtain your marriage license. Both parties need to be present in person (FS§ 741.03) with proper identification to get the license. There is a fee to pay ($86.00), which may be reduced if the Parties take a state approved premarital counseling course ($61.00). See the Alachua County Clerk's FAQ, below, for more information.

Alachua County Clerk of Court

201 East University Avenue

Gainesville, FL 32601

Marriage License Clerk: 352-374-3623

Alachua Clerk Website FAQ

Back to the Top



Is There a Waiting period in Florida?

Yes, there is a 3-day waiting period for Florida residents from the date that you get the marriage license. However, there are some exceptions. The effective date for marriage will be printed on the marriage license issued by the Clerk. 

The Exceptions:

  • If the couple has completed a premarital preparation class (FS§ 741.0305(5)), and presented the certificate to the Clerk, then there is no 3-day waiting period. 
  • If both parties are either non-Florida residents or non-citizens, then there is no waiting period . 

Do we need to have A witness to our marriage?

It is recommended to have two (2) witnesses present when you marry to sign your marriage license. However, Florida does not require any witness sign the license for the license to be valid.

Once we have the marriage License, is there an Expiration Date?

Yes, a Florida marriage license is valid for 60 days from the date of issue (FS §741.041), and then it must be returned to the clerk’s office within 10 days after the marriage is performed (FS §741.08). 

What is the Process if we want to hire you and work with you?

That would be great! First, we will check availability. Then, please let me know which ceremony package you would like. Check out the Services & Fees page.  Then, I will email you a quote. Once we agree to work together, I will send you a Paypal invoice for the initial deposit (or entire amount if we are within 3 weeks of your ceremony date). 

Once I have received payment, then I will send you a contract for electronic signing to your email. Once payment and the contract are squared away, then I can get started helping you and will hold your date. 

You can complete the Wedding Questionnaire, located below on this page to square away details.  Then, we can schedule time by phone, Zoom, FaceTime, or in person to discuss your customized ceremony and write your love story. We will create a script that will reflect you as couple. 

Then, 3 weeks before the ceremony, the remainder of the payment is due. Then, it's your special day. I'm so excited, aren't you?!

Do you carry Insurance?

Yes, I carry liability insurance through Performing Entertainers & Event Professionals, Inc. (PEEP).

Can you legally marry People in florida?

Yes! As an ordained wedding minister and a notary public, I am authorized to perform legal marriages in Florida (FS § 741.07). I am ordained by the American Marriage Ministries (AMM) Church, a non-denominational constitutional church, located in Washington State, founded July 4, 2009. As an ordained wedding minister and celebrant, I am permitted to perform both civil weddings and religious ceremonies.

Back to the Top



Can you legally marry People in other U.S. states?

Yes! The AMM wedding minister ordination is valid in all U.S. states and territories, except for Virginia. There may be local registration requirements outside of Florida. Fees may apply.

What is a Wedding Officiant?

A wedding officiant performs legal marriages, elopements, and other ceremonies. It's sometimes called a wedding celebrant. To become an officiant, one needs to be deputized by the local state's authority to perform civil ceremonies, become a notary public, or be ordained as a minister to perform religious and spiritual weddings. An officiant is necessary to legalize a marriage and may provide guidance regarding the ceremony, rituals, and the marriage license.

Can we have a Micro wedding at your house?

Yes! There is a beautiful wooded area with forest trees and bird songs off my back deck. There is a trellis-arch with confederate jasmine. If this appeals to you, a micro wedding is available to a couple with less than 4-6 people in attendance. Weather permitting.  Remember, summertime in Florida is hot! Photos available upon request.  

What about theme weddings or weddings with pets?

I am open to theme weddings. If costume rental or special attire is required, fees may apply. Pets hold a special place in our hearts, and I am happy to help them be a part of your wedding day. Sounds like fun!

What do you wear?

We can discuss options and you can decide what you prefer. Options range from a simple black dress, to a suit, to a traditional black or white robe with stole situation. If you prefer modern and trendy, I can do that too. Let me know your preferences.

Back to the Top

Wedding Questionnaire

Please fill out the Wedding Questionnaire to customize your ceremony. Let's write your love story! Please type or write legibly and email to: gracedofficiant@gmail

Contact Me